QBE87G is Quaife’s 4x4 six-speed sequential gearbox. With 90mm shaft centres the unit is capable of transmitting up to 750bhp and incorporates an integral in-line transfer assembly. Supplied as standard with a Quaife ATB helical gear limited slip differential, or reconditioned Ford viscous coupling.
Technical highlights include a drum type sequential gearchange system, allied to an open face dog design on both gear and drive disc, producing a positive, ultrafast gearshift.
QBE87G offers a choice of straight-cut (spur) or helical gear ratios (including overdrive options) and the option of either a right or left offset gear lever position, allowing customers a wide scope for optimising the unit to suit their individual requirements.
Key features of the QBE87G heavy duty six-speed sequential gearbox include:-
• Sequential engagement with straight-cut or helical gears, rated to 750bhp • Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 bellhousing available from stock – adaptor kits available for many other vehicles
• Digital gear position indicator available
• Both gear and chain drive options available for transfer unit
• Transfer gearing to suit all applications
• Weight approximately 70kg
Gear Ratios (Spur)
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
2.435 1.858 1.494 1.268 1.116 1.000 Spur (1:1)
2.759 2.050 1.565 Spur (1:1)