The QBE22Z is Quaife Engineering’s 5-speed dog engagement Ford Sierra Type 9 gearbox, suitable for classic Ford models including the Escort Mk1/2 and Sierra. Available only as a complete assembled unit, QBE22Z is designed as an outright competition gearbox, with the latest four dog open face design to ensure ultra-rapid, positive gearshifts, while the layshaft is assembled using separate gears.
To ensure reliability, the QBE22Z features free running gears supported by precision needle roller bearings. An alloy maincase, alloy top cover and Quaife gear lever are supplied as standard fitment.
Rated to a maximum of 250bhp, QBE22Z features power loss minimising straight-cut, close-ratio gears in a wide choice of motorsport orientated gear ratios.
Key features of the QBE22Z Ford Sierra Type 9 5-speed dog engagement gearbox include:
• Straight-cut, close-ratio dog engagement gears for rapid shifts
• Large choice of motorsport gear ratios
• Includes Quaife gear lever, alloy top cover and maincase
• Choice of input shaft length for numerous installation options
• Alternative ratios available to order
DONOR BOX REQUIRED
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
2.390 1.690 1.340 1.000 0.930
2.200 1.540 1.210 0.870
2.040 1.380 1.140