**DONOR BOX REQUIRED**
QBE31Z is Quaife’s heavy duty helical H-pattern, synchromesh engagement Ford Sierra (Type 9) gearbox, suitable for classic Ford models including the Capri, Cortina, Mk1/2 Escort and Sierra. This competition orientated gearbox, retains the original synchromesh components and selector mechanisms, while the layshaft is assembled using separate gears.
QBE31Z features free running gears supported by precision needle roller bearings on a Quaife produced mainshaft, fitted into a modified reconditioned crack tested Ford gear case. A Quaife alloy maincase, steel baulk rings, and a heavy duty operating block are cost options.
Rated to a maximum of 250bhp, the QBE31Z features close-ratio gears, helical cut gears for quieter operation than straight cut.
Key features of the QBE31Z Ford Sierra (Type 9) heavy duty synchromesh engagement gearbox include:
• Needle roller bearings support free running gears
• Includes Quaife mainshaft
• Helical cut, close-ratio gears with synchromesh engagement
• Layshaft assembled using separate gears
• Choice of input shaft length to suit Ford 4-cylinder or V6 engines
• Optional alloy top cover, gear lever, steel baulk rings and heavy duty operating block available
• Optional Quaife ATB & Tran-X LSD available
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
2.390 1.540 1.210 1.000 0.870
Alternative ratios available on request. Please call for details.