This gearbox is currently under development, and is not available to order.
Quaife designed the QBE62G to provide a modern, uprated, robust replacement transmission for the ZF DS-25/2 gearbox as used in the Ford GT40, DeTomaso Pantera, BMW M1 and many other mid-engined supercars.
The fitment, major dimensions, gearchange location and shift system used on the Quaife QBE62G replicate the ZF DS-25/2 gearbox, while the five speed ‘H-pattern’ layout and distinctive ‘dog-leg’ first gear location are also retained to ensure authenticity.
Developed in conjunction with a British-based replica manufacturer, Quaife has ensured that the unit’s length allows for easy installation into Ford GT40 type cars, but QBE62G is also suitable for numerous mid-engine replica and kit car applications.
Key engineering details include the use of 85mm shaft centres and an ultra-reliable hypoid crownwheel and pinion, which enables the QBE62G transaxle to handle a maximum recommended 500bhp. Helical gears are included with a synchromesh gear selection, minimising gear noise and ensuring everyday usability.
A Quaife oil pump and clutch lever assembly are available as optional extras.
Key features of the Quaife QBE62G 5-Speed, ‘H’ pattern ZF replacement transaxle gearbox include:-
- 85mm shaft centres and hypoid crown-wheel and pinion
- REM Superfinished gears as standard
- Fitment, major dimensions and gear-change input replicates original ZF DS-25/2
- 5-speed H-pattern with ‘dog-leg’ 1st, as per original ZF DS-25/2
- Standard GT40 or inverted, (3.750 ratio only), De Tomaso fitment
- Helical gears and synchromesh gear selection
- Quaife ATB differential included
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
2.533 1.619 1.200 0.929 0.742
Final Drive Ratios