The Quaife QBE60G heavy duty In-line 6-speed RWD Sequential Gearbox is a direct replacement for the popular Ford Type 9 transmission and since its launch in 2008 has become the market leader in this sector.
A 80mm shaft centre design with all alloy casings enables QBE60G to handle up to 500bhp, yet it can be installed into a Mk1 / Mk2 Ford Escort or
Caterham 7 without transmission tunnel modifications.
QBE60G features a modular gear cluster, allowing easier interchangeability of gear ratios, and fewer moving parts, while a drum type sequential gearchange system is allied to an open face dog design on both gear and drive disc. This produces a fast, positive gearchange – an optional paddle shift actuator is also available.
Free running gears are supported by needle roller bearings, while a choice of ratios and numerous gear lever position options allows customers a wide scope for optimising QBE60G to suit their individual requirements. Weighing just 38 kilos, QBE60G is ideal for rally and race use in Mk1 and Mk2 Ford Escort, Ford Sierra, Caterham, Westfield and numerous rear wheel drive kit cars.
More information on our sequential gearboxes can be found here.
Key features of the QBE60G six-speed sequential gearbox include:-
- Proven up to 500bhp
- Direct replacement for Ford Type-9 gearbox
- Optional engine packages include Mazda MX-5 ND/NB/NC, Nissan SR20, Subaru/Toyota BRZ/GT86, Honda S2000 F20C, BMW E36 M3 S50, BMW E46 S54, Nissan 350 HE/DE
- Adaptor kits available for many other vehicles, please call
- Optional gear lever positions to suit individual vehicle applications
- Weight approximately 38kg
- Direct drive, overdrive or double overdrive
- Helical or straight cut options
- Optional heavy duty tailcase with drive flange for higher power applications
- Digital gear position indicator available
- Over 1800 in use worldwide
Optional engine packages include input shaft & retainer, and bellhousing / adapter plate where applicable.
Please email email@example.com for all enquiries and orders.